BRIOCHE PASQUIER UK
MILTON KEYNES - MK8 8DF
Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group and one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. We have been present in the UK for over a decade and sell a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and foodservice markets. The company is still family run and has a great culture and history. We are also present in Europe, South Korea and USA.
We are at our 160,000 sq ft technologically advanced production facility to service the UK market in order to continue the strong growth of the company.
Are you looking for the opportunity to learn and gain real practical experience in the Purchasing/Procurement/ Planning function you will be involved in a variety of activities, learning and gaining valuable knowledge from planning, purchasing , accounting , stock management and supplier relationships.
Example of Projects / Responsibilities / Training you may be given includes:
• Daily operational work
• Transactional work related to your role in order to successfully deliver production plans to allow full, complete shipments of products to our clients
• Production plans are executed with excellence and completed in line with daily / weekly / monthly needs.
• Identify opportunities for simplification and improvement within your area of expertise.
• Sourcing, liaising and negotiating with new and existing suppliers
• Requesting quotations from Suppliers, creating Purchase Orders in AS400/Visual and sending them to suppliers.
• Expediting and tracking orders where necessary and escalating delivery issues with vendors.
• Monitor /Follow the KPI’s
• Buying and ordering stock at agreed prices
• Ensure stock holdings (raw materials/packaging/spare parts) are checked regularly
• Ensure all required reports are kept up to date and forwarded to the correct departments where necessary
• As part of the role the person will be required to go on the production floor often
Ideal candidate requirements:
• Strong academic record
• studying for a qualification in procurement or planning / working towards, a qualification that is accredited by the CIPS
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Good level of English both spoken and written is essential; knowing French Language would be an advantage
• Good computer skills and competent with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills
• You will be confident in applying your academic learning to solving real business problems and will be required to work and communicate effectively all levels of the organisation.
To apply :
If this sounds like the internship/ placement you have been waiting for, apply now on www.briochepasquier.co.uk by sending your CV and cover letter to, stating the dates that you are available to complete this internship. If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Working hours: Full time, 40 hours a week, Mondays to Fridays
Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays (pro rata, internship / placement period)
Remuneration: up to £15,000 per annum (pro rata, internship / placement period)